Dozens of entrepreneurship programs are available in graduate schools across the country. Only top-notch programs make the annual lists of the best business schools.
The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College in Massachusetts offers the number one graduate business program for entrepreneurs in the country, according to the U.S. News and World Report website, as of 2011. The yearly tuition for this program is $46,000, and it offers concentrations in finance, accounting, economics and other areas in addition to entrepreneurship. Full-time students employed at graduation stands at 51 percent. Some notable alumni include media and social entrepreneur Mir Ibrahim Rahman, the co-founder and CEO of GEO TV Networks, and Stephen Spinelli, the president of Philadelphia University and co-founder of Jiffy Lube.
Stanford University is next on the list of entrepreneur graduate programs. Tuition is $53,118, and students can join the Summer Institute for Entrepreneurship as well. Graduates earn an average base salary of $118,793, and the percentage of full-time students employed at graduation is 75.8. Stanford entrepreneurs can take advantage of the Entrepreneurship Corner, a website devoted to advice and resources for entrepreneurs. It has advice from entrepreneur and innovation thought leaders in the form of podcasts and videos.
The yearly tuition for a full-time student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management is $50,353. This school is third on the U.S. News and World Report list. The curriculum at Sloan provides an international focus, and MIT’s $100K Entrepreneurship Competition makes it a good place for budding entrepreneurs. The Entrepreneurship Competition offers cash prizes and business start-up services for winners. The percentage of full-time students employed at graduation is 75.6 percent. Sloan graduates have started more than 650 businesses.
Harvard Business School students pay $48,600 per year in tuition, but their program is fourth on the list of the best business schools for entrepreneurs. Students can join more than seventy clubs at HBS. Full-time students employed at graduation stands at 78.6 percent. Students can take part in the HBS Business Plan Contest, which offers awards, and in-kind and cash prizes of up to $25,000 for business plans with both for-profit and social agendas.
Fifth on the list of good schools for entrepreneurship is the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, the oldest business school in the U.S. This program also has the widest alumni network in the United States. Students can attend classes in Philadelphia or San Francisco and join one of nearly 150 clubs. Outdoor trips that focus on leadership skills are part of the curriculum. Students pay $48,550 per year in tuition. The percentage of full-time students with jobs at graduation is 72.5 percent. Wharton counts the banking entrepreneur alumnus Vernon Hill of Commerce Bank among its notable graduates.
Other notable schools with excellent entrepreneurship programs at the graduate level are in the Top 25 list from the Princeton Review on Entrepreneur.com.
The top ten include the following universities:
- The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship at Babson College
- The Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology at Brigham Young University
- The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia;
- The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Chicago;
- The Samuel Zell & Robert H. Lurie Institute at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor;
- The Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at Washington University in St. Louis;
- The McGuire Entrepreneurship Program at the University of Arizona;
- The Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Texas at Austin;
- The Jones Graduate School Entrepreneurship Program at Rice University
- The Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of Southern California.
B-School.com incoming search terms:
- best b schools for entrepreneurship
- best b school for entrepreneurship
- best b-schools for entrepreneurship in india
- top b schools for entrepreneurship
- best b-school for entrepreneurship in india
- top b-schools for entrepreneurship in india
- best b schools for entrepreneurship in india
- best b school for entrepreneurship in india
- best b school in india for entrepreneurship
- top b-schools for enterprenuership in idia