Fisher School of Business, Ohio State University, one of the top 25 full-time programs is inviting application for its fulltime MBA Program for the academic year 2013. The admission committee consisting of Julee Conrad, Assistant Director, MBA Recruiting and Admissions, Natalie Mehl, Assistant Director, MBA Recruiting and Admissions and Joe Dorsey, Assistant Director, MBA Recruiting and Admissions announced it on its blog dated July 17, 2012. The admission committee also went one step further in attracting top talent by announcing fee waiver for first 50 applicants who created the account on Fisher School of Business Online Application form and tweeted the entire message “I started my 2013 @FisherOSU_MBA application, apply at http://bit.ly/NtlDAA to join me! #applyFisherMBA13 #OhioState to @FisherOSU_MBA”, .
According to Fisher School of Business Admission committee the team is looking for a healthy mix of candidate from well round students with diverse backgrounds, and different and simulating experiences to make a micro community of leaders. The admission team also stresses that the overall selection will be made after reviewing academic credentials, essays, resumes, references and interviews. The team at admission committee further stated that due to high demand of this course among academic and industrial circle the participant needs to showcase their leadership skills, teamwork experiences along with aptitude and academic achievement besides throwing light on personal experiences that may add value to the Fisher School of Business ‘Micro – Community’.
Application deadline at Fisher School of Business: -
Fisher School of Business evaluates applicants on an ongoing and rolling basis, which means the candidates candidature will be evaluated once they are submitted not waiting till the deadline closes. Fisher School of Business have five rounds of deadlines for its Full Time MBA Program
- Round one Deadline: – October 15. The applicants who are applying before Round one will receive a grant of 1000$ which can be used during the fulltime MBA Program.
- Round two Deadline: – December 1st. The applicants who are applying before Round two deadlines will be automatically considered for merit based scholarship.
- Round three Deadline: – January 5th, 2013
- Round four Deadline: – March 5th, 2013
- Round fifth Deadline: – April 15th, 2013
Admission Essays: -
The admission committee at Fisher School of Business announced that for the candidates applying for class of 2015 need to write two essays instead of three. All the applications essays will begin reviewing from start of August.
The admission committee announced that the candidates will have choice for the second essay and they may either write on ‘Focusing on Leadership’ or ‘Discovering You’. The first essay is mandatory for all the applicants which is ‘Shaping your Vision’.
Essays for Full time MBA Program at Ohio State University, FSB
Essay 1: – Shaping your Vision: -
Why do you want to earn an MBA degree in general and a Fisher College MBA in particular? How will Fisher specifically assist you in achieving your individual potential?
The applicant needs to write an essay consisting of 750 words.
This question basically tests your general knowledge on MBA and how do you relate how MBA can help you in adding value to your general qualification. The applicant needs to specify his/her corporate and personal goals, his academic background, his general knowledge about MBA and should also put some light on Fisher School of Business.
The applicant should highlight the terms how an international community consisting of persons from different background help him/her to achieve the career goal or learn from the peer group.
Essay 2:- Choice :-
Focusing On Leadership.
The applicant needs to write an essay consisting of 500 words.
The admission committee will give applicant the choice of ten leadership qualities and the applicant needs to write on two qualities which best describes him.
Candidate needs to select from the following leadership qualities:
- Global awareness
- Self Awareness
- Communication and interpersonal skills
The candidate needs to provide real life examples and can also include link to blog, project post or video which best describes his quality.
Essay 3 : Discovering You: -
The candidate needs to write an essay of 750 words describing himself: –
With this essay the team wants to test you on a personal basis to judge how best you can fit with a diverse class. As an applicant you need to write an honest description of yourself, your strengths, and weakness and how you can contribute to the fisher and Ohio community.
To consider for being into prestigious Fisher school of Business you need to have or produce :
- Application fees of 60$ for domestic candidates and 70$ for international candidates
- Academic Record which includes all the transcripts attested by the institution head
- Latest GMAT Score, typical GMAT Score for earlier classes was in the range of 600-720 and TOEFL for international applicants.
- At least two letters of recommendation
- A detail Resume which includes your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, and email), employment history (with details of primary duties and accomplishments in each position held), extracurricular and/or community activities, languages (read, spoken, and/or understood) besides academic details.